These easy Chocolate S’more Cookies will be the hit of summer.
How to make the Best Chocolate S’more Cookies is the perfect combination of butter, sugar, dark chocolate and toasted marshmallows.
The key to a perfect cookie is butter and sugar. Using dark brown sugar in this cookie recipe allows for more flavor, and a crisper edge. Adding in dark chocolate and marshmallows gives you the perfect cookie for summer.
Everyone loves S’mores for a summer treat, especially during cookouts and pool parties. Cookies can be made ahead of time and transport easily. Children and Adults will gobble these goodies up and ask for the recipe.
Please note: Several batches of this recipe were made before I felt like I had the perfect combo of the two.
Ingredients for the Best Chocolate S’more Cookies.
These are must to produce the best cookie possible
- Dark Brown Sugar (Do Not Use Light Brown Sugar)
- Dark Chocolate Bar with Sea Salt (the sea salt enhances the flavors)
- Toasted marshmallows. You can buy these in the baking isle or candy of supermarkets, target and even Amazon.
Best Chocolate S’more Cookie
The Best Chocolate S'more Cookies are the perfect combination of butter, sugar, dark chocolate and toasted marshmallows. No need for a campfire with these gooey, chocolatey cookies!
Servings: 16 cookies
- Baking Sheet
- Electric Mixer
- 1 1/2 ounce scoop
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup coarsely crushed graham crackers
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter cubed
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 cup bittersweet dark chocolate chips
- 1 bar of dark chocolate sea salt broken into 1/2” or smaller pieces
- Marshmallows full size torn into pieces. If you can find vanilla, toasted marshmallows I suggest using those.
- Preheat oven to 375°, place racks on upper and lower third of oven.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, crushed graham crackers, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cook ½ cup (1 stick) butter in a large saucepan over medium heat, swirling often and scraping bottom of pan with a heatproof rubber spatula, until butter foams, then browns, about 4 minutes. Transfer butter to a large heatproof bowl and let cool 1 minute. Cut remaining ¼ cup (½ stick) butter into small pieces and add to brown butter.
- Once butter is melted, add both sugars and whisk, breaking up any clumps, until sugar is incorporated and no lumps remain. Add egg and egg yolks and whisk until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth, about 30 seconds. Whisk in vanilla.
- Fold dry ingredients into butter mixture just until no dry spots remain, fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1½-oz. scoop form 16 balls of dough and divide between baking sheets, spacing 2” apart.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets if cookies are browning very unevenly (otherwise, just leave them alone), until deep golden brown and firm around the edges, 8–10 minutes.
- Take cookie sheet out of oven and quickly press four marshmallows and three chocolate pieces into each cookie.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional two minutes or until marshmallows are brown.
- Remove and let cool on baking sheets.