Blackberry Banana Coconut Popsicle is the perfect healthy sweet tasty cool treat. Full of coconut cream and fresh fruit making this recipe gluten free, dairy free, paleo and zero granulated sugar.
Popsicles are everywhere. Every time I look through pinterest I have a new beautiful photo of popsicles tempting me from my screen. They really are the perfect summer treat, easy fun and a great way to enjoy the fresh fruits of summer.
My Mom always use to make popsicles in little plastic holders for me throughout summer. I think she froze Kool-Aid.
I thought I would try my hand at making up my own flavor combination. My blackberry bushes were dripping berries, so I thought it would be a great to through in a handful into popsicles to freeze and enjoy. I first made these popsicles with a low fat coconut milk, and that was a mistake. The milk has too much milk and the pops were tasteless, and more ice than milk. Using the canned fattier coconut milk worked perfectly. Leaving a creamy thicker popsicle that worked perfect with the sweetness of the honey and banana.
You can substitute any berry that you prefer, or a blend of a few different varieties. Just have fun with it.
Don’t miss the opportunity to participate in a Pinning Party at the end of this month with a chance to win! The party will start on August 22 at 5pm and go until August 23 at 10 pm, Friday and Saturday. BUT you can sign up now for a chance to win! At the bottom of this post you will find the place to sign up and be entered in to win and don’t forget to check out our pinterest board with tons of Fun Fall, Back to school Crafts, Recipes and more.
Blackberry Banana Coconut Popsicle
- 1 cup blackberries fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 ripe banana peeled
- 1 15 ounce can full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons chia seeds optional
- In a blender add banana, coconut milk, honey and blend.
- Add chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Pour evenly into 6 popsicle molds (you can use paper cups and popsicle sticks)
- Drop in whole blackberries, spreading throughout.
- Place in freezer until frozen through.
- When you are ready to eat sit out on counter for a few minutes to allow to separate from holder so that the pops remove easily.