Apple Nachos are a healthy snack or dessert that comes together in a flash. Thin apple slices are drizzled with creamy almond butter and sprinkled with crunchy slivered almonds, tender coconut flakes and rich chocolate chips.
Epic Apple Almond Butter Nachos
This sweet and nutty twist on traditional nachos will change the way you eat apples for life. You’ll no longer bite into them until you reach the core – you’ll cut them into thin slices and load them up with your favorite toppings. This recipe combines almond butter, flaked coconut, sliced almonds and mini chocolate chips for unbeatable flavor and texture in every bite.
Apple nachos are the perfect treat to whip up on a whim when you want a healthy snack that feels indulgent. They’re sure to impress any last-minute guests, and you can even serve them buffet-style with all the toppings in separate containers if you’re hosting a crowd. If you’re anything like me, you’ve got a new obsession on your hands.
What You’ll Need
This dish begins with just a handful of wholesome ingredients. Scroll down to the recipe card to see the amounts associated with each item.
- Apples: Cored and cut into thin slices.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed.
- Creamy Almond Butter
- Sliced or Slivered Almonds
- Flaked Unsweetened Coconut
- Mini Semisweet Chocolate Chips: I like the allergen-friendly ones by Enjoy Life.
How to Make Apple Nachos
These nutty apple nachos are wonderfully convenient. They’ll be done before you know it!
- Coat Apples in Lemon Juice: Add the apple slices and the lemon juice to a small bowl, tossing to coat all of the apples.
- Top With Almond Butter: Spread the prepared apple slices into a thin layer on a serving platter or a large plate. Melt the almond butter in the microwave until it’s runny, about 1 minute, then drizzle it over the apples.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Top the apples and almond butter with the sliced almonds, unsweetened coconut flakes and mini chocolate chips.
Tips for Success
Look over these tips and tricks so you know how to make your apple nachos absolutely flawless.
- Use Crisp, Tart Apples: I suggest using a crisp and slightly tart kind of apple like Pink Lady, Gala, Macintosh or Granny Smith. Believe me, your nachos will be better for it.
- Don’t Omit the Lemon Juice: The lemon juice doesn’t just add a touch of zesty goodness – it also stops the apples from browning nearly as quickly. Squeeze it fresh for the best results.
- Try This Heatless Drizzle Hack: Want to avoid melting your almond butter? Transfer it to a zip-top bag, seal the bag shut without trapping extra air, cut a small hole right on the corner, then squeeze out the almond butter over the apples.
Apple nachos are just as customizable as classic nachos are. Bring on the toppings!
- Use Another Nut Butter
- Add a Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- Melt the Chocolate and Drizzle It On
- Use Paleo Caramel Sauce Instead of Almond Butter
- Add Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Use Different Nuts
- Add Vegan Marshmallows
- Make a Nut-Free Version With Your Favorite Seed Butter & Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
Apple nachos will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days after they’re made. Be sure to store them in an airtight container. Note that the apples may start to turn brown after a couple of days have passed.
More Healthy Snack Recipes
- 3 crisp and slightly tart apples (i.e. pink lady, gala, macintosh) cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 3 tbsp creamy almond butter or other nut/seed butter of choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Add thinly sliced apples to a small bowl with lemon juice and toss to coat.
- On serving tray spread out apple slices in thin layer.
- Melt almond butter in microwave until runny, about 1 minute. Drizzle over apples.
- Top with almond, unsweetened coconut and chocolate chips.
14 comments on “Apple Nachos”
What a great alternative to unhealthy snacking! YUM!
Such a healthier take on the conventional version. I must try to make this soon for my kids. They would love it!
I hope you and your family enjoy it!
I hope you do. It is so fun and healthy choice for them!
These are a perfect snack. Since we have an apple tree, I’m always looking for new recipes – I bet our granddaughter would love these!
What a great way to enjoy all those delicious apples.
I’m always looking for more snacks that are naturally gluten-free. We’ve got apples on hand right now, so I’m going to make this soon!
Now this is my kind of nachos! LOVE this! And love how easy it is to make too. 🙂
Really easy Carrie, and fun for the kiddos.
I love this!! Especially with apple season here this is a great way to use up excess apples. I would put so many toppings on the apples that they would no longer be healthy lol.
Great healthy twist on a classic snack food!!