These Lemon Raspberry Muffins are a vibrant and tart muffin. A lovely way to start your morning along with a cup of coffee or tea.
Summer raspberries are delicate with a sweet-sour flavor. Perfect in these muffins which are gluten free and vegetarian friendly.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE LEMON RASPBERRY MUFFINS
This is a simple baked good recipe. Very easy to make with limited steps.
A great way to enjoy homemade bake goods made with clean ingredients in the morning. Gluten free and Vegetarian friendly.
WHY I CREATED THIS RECIPE
I had a surplus of raspberries from the farmers market. I really was craving a pastry and raspberries and lemons make great companions.
Some flour, sugar, fat added into the mix and you have the perfect morning muffin to enjoy.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON RASPBERRY MUFFINS
These muffins are quick to make with little fuss. You will be enjoying them in about 45 minutes.
- Melt your coconut oil in the microwave, and set aside.
- Zest your lemon, and then slice and juice it.
- Combine zest of your lemon and sugar into the food processor, blending until the lemon zest is evenly mixed into your sugar.
- Then while your processor is running, carefully pour buttermilk mix through tube. Stop processor as soon as blended.
- Pour your buttermilk mix into your flour mix, stir until blended and add in raspberries. I like to keep a handful of berries to the side.
- Once you add batter to muffin, add one or two berries to the top of the batter.
- Bake, and enjoy.
- Store any uneaten muffins covered in the fridge.
If you like this muffin recipe, try this muffin recipes
Lemon Raspberry Muffins
These Lemon Raspberry Muffins are a vibrant and tart muffin. A lovely way to start your morning along with a cup of coffee or tea.Summer raspberries are delicate with a sweet-sour flavor. Perfect in these muffins which are gluten free and vegetarian friendly.
- 1 lemon zested and juiced (zest first then juice)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh or frozen not thawed raspberries
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar sprinkle on top of each muffin (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Line and Coat muffin tin with baking spray.
Combine the zest and sugar in a food processor; pulse until the zest is very finely chopped into the sugar.
Add buttermilk, oil, egg,1 tablespoon of lemon juice and vanilla into a bowl.
Pour buttermilk mix into food processor and run until blended. DO NOT OVER MIX Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
Add the buttermilk mixture and fold until almost blended.
Gently fold in raspberries using a rubber spatula.
Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake until the edges and tops are golden, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each muffin (optional)
Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
Store any uneaten muffins covered in the fridge. Food Processor