White Cherry Cupcake with Butter Frosting are little cakes of moist dense cake with a cherry surprise in the middle. Topped with a creamy thick frosting.
Labor Day is an American federal holiday observed on the first Monday in September that celebrates the economic and social contributions of workers.
Labor Day pays tribute to the contributions and achievements of American workers. It also symbolizes the end of summer for many Americans, and is celebrated with parties, parades and athletic events
But lets be honest it is really about the fireworks and the food! Not necessarily in that order. Happy Labor Day to you and I say this cupcake is a great way to celebrate an extra day off work or school and to say farewell to our sweet, sweet summer with a bang!
White Cherry Cupcake with Butter Frosting
White Cherry Cupcakes:
- 1 cup cake flour
- ½ cup whole milk at room temperature
- 3 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter softened but still cool
- 12 whole pitted sweet cherries
- 2 cups confectioners sugar icing or powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or DAVE’s vanilla-coffee syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons milk or light cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup standard size cupcake tin with paper liners. Spray each with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly whisk milk, egg whites, and vanilla extract in large glass measuring cup.
- Mix cake flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in the bowl of a stand electric mixer and add butter; beating at low speed until mixture resembles moist crumbs, with no large clumps of flour.
- Add 3/4 of the milk mixture to the crumbs and beat at medium speed 1-2 minutes. Add remaining milk mixture and beat 30 seconds more. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat for 20 seconds longer at low speed.
- Evenly distribute the batter in the cupcake tin add a single cherry into each cupcake. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan carefully and let them cool completely on a wire rack before frosting.
- In an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and well blended. Add the vanilla extract.
- With the mixer on low-speed, gradually beat in the sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the milk and beat on high-speed until frosting is light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Distribute frosting evenly among cupcakes.
3 comments on “White Cherry Cupcake with Butter Frosting”
These look so good! I haven’t had chocolate cream cheese frosting–sounds delicious but very dangerous to have in the house. I think these would be great for July 4th too!
VERY dangerous, make with extreme care… and lots of people to help you eat it! 🙂
They look fantastic – I hope you have a fun day!