My favorite all time Blueberry Avocado and Spinach Superfood Smoothie, whew that’s a mouth full.
I know, I know it’s not an alcoholic beverage, but I felt like mixing it up a bit and throwing a healthy beverage at you on this Saturday. I have been playing with my after workout smoothies and my trainer gave me the blueberry avocado idea. If your anything like me you made a totally grossed out face when you heard the mix, but it works. I don’t know how, but it does.
This bad boy has all that you need for recovering with super foods to help fight inflammation in your muscles to giving you an energy boost when you need it. I also throw these guys down on those afternoons when I seem to be hitting the exhaustion wall, for me, it’s around 3:00. I usually start scrounging around in the pantry for something to eat that will make me feel better, and usually end up choosing something that is crappy for me. If I throw together a smoothie in about 5 minutes I have just the thing to give me the zing I need to make it through till dinner.
- 1 cup blueberries, frozen or fresh
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup almond-coconut milk (you can use just coconut or just almond)
- 1/2 ripe avocado, skinned and pitted
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used chocolate, but vanilla would be fine)(optional)
- 1/2 fresh ice
- Place all ingredients in blender and puree.
- Serve in glass.
- Add a few fresh blueberries (optional)
You might also like: