Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Bars are the perfect no bake gluten free easy to make holiday treat and a great way to celebrate the holidays. Filled with superfood ingredients, gluten-free, and vegan.
I am in full swing of holiday baking. I like to give gifts of holiday treats.
I make batches of cookies, bars and all kinds of confection sweets. I go to the container store and buy cute little bakery boxes, pretty string, and artistic tags.
I fill boxes full of my assorted treats and drop the boxes off in my friend’s mailboxes. It is what I enjoy doing and I want to share it with those I love. That is what the holidays are about, sharing and appreciating those we love.
Coming up with fun new confections can be a success or a failure. Making up a batch of these Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Bars was super simple and quick except for the time waiting for it to firm up in the freezer. I am a huge peppermint and chocolate fan. I think the combo is the perfect holiday partnership.
Since I am a huge peppermint and chocolate combo fan, and I think they make the perfect holiday partnership.
These truffle bars must be kept cool, and look pretty served in a paper baking cup. Store them in the refrigerator for up to two weeks and they can be covered and frozen for up to two months.
Chocolate Peppermint Truffle Bars
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Superfood Shortening
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoon organic honey
- 1/8 teaspoon . Sea salt
- 3/4 cup dutch cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Extra cacao powder for dusting
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium heatproof bowl add Superfood shortening, coconut oil, honey and salt.
- Pop in microwave and cook for 1 minute, remove and stir. If not completely melted and blended cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Once melted and blended slowly add cocoa powder and peppermint extract and stir to blend.
- Pour completely blended mix into prepared pan and set in freezer until set. 1-2 hours.
- Remove from freezer and pull out by edges of parchment paper. Cut into 1" squares then dust top with more cocoa powder.
- Place in paper baking cups and set on a tray to serve.
- Store in refrigerator.