While on my trip to New Orleans we had the pleasure of having dinner at Boucherie. They got their start in a food truck and based on their success opened a restaurant that has people waiting in line. We ordered their Lime-Cucumber cocktail while we waited for our table, and we were quite happy to order a second.
I recreated it at home and it is a simple cocktail to mix, and the perfect way to usher in the warmer temperatures and farm fresh cucumbers that will be filling the farmers market shelves.
- 1½ ounces gin
- ½ ounce St. Germain
- ½ ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- Cucumber slice
- Ground Black Pepper, enough to sprinkle over top of cocktail
- Fresh Ice
- Fill low ball with fresh ice.
- In a martini shaker add gin, St. Germain and fresh lime juice. Shake to combine.
- Pour over ice.
- Add slice of cucumber.
- Top with ground black pepper.