Oh yes, this baby is the perfect summer martini. My friend Janet has been telling me, but it took me way to long to listen. This is the perfect crisp, just a little sweet vodka martini to enjoy through out the hot summer nights. It will make you as cool as a cucumber…
With the amount of cucumbers in our summer gardens, there is no reason not to put those cylindrical edible fruit to good use.
- 2 ounces Vodka
- 1/2 ounce Lime Juice (1/2 lime)
- 2-3 slices of Fresh Cucumber
- 2 mint leaves
- 1/2 ounce Simple Syrup
- [br]Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Dissolve the sugar into the boiling water, stirring constantly.
- Once the sugar is dissolved completely, remove the pan from the heat.
- Allow to cool completely and thicken, then store in refrigerator for up to one week
- In a martini shaker, add 1 cucumber slice and 1 mint leaf and crush with spoon. Add fresh ice vodka, lime juice and simple syrup. Shake vigorously and pour into a martini glass. Garnish with a cucumber slice and 1 mint leaf.