I love a good taco! This Grilled Steak and Poblano Tacos are filled with perfectly marinated steak and topped with roasted Poblanos.
Continuing on the path of my love affair of Central American Recipes, and no it’s not just because I LOVE Margarita’s, but because if you are using fresh ingredients, tacos can be loaded with good soluble fibers and healthy lean proteins that are satisfying and filling. Plus taco recipes can be a simple and quick weeknight dinner, that is easy to please a crowd because toppings are optional.
I did not add beans to this taco recipe, but black beans that are drained and rinsed could be easily included adding another healthy fiber and protein source.
If you are looking for a few more healthy and easy taco recipes don’t miss my:
Grilled Steak and Poblano Tacos
- 1/2 of a yellow or white onion peeled
- 3 cloves garlic peeled
- 2 fresh limes juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pound of sirloin steak
- 2 Poblano chiles
- Shredded Red Cabbage
- 2 Radishes trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 Avocado peeled pitted and diced or mashed
- Mixed shredded cheese Cheddar and Montery Jack
- Sour cream
- Flour Tortillas
- Lime wedges optional
- Add onion, garlic, lime juice and cumin to a blender and puree until liquified.
- Add steak and marinade to ziploc bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or more. Turning a few times to make sure that both sides of steak sit in marinade.
- Place Poblano peppers on aluminium foil lined baking sheet (for easy clean up) and broil for 4-5 minutes, when blackened, flip and continue to broil an additional 4-5 minutes until peppers are blackened on all sides.
- Place peppers in ziploc bag and allow to cool.
- When cool remove and wrap with paper towel, rubbing off outer skin.
- Remove stem and chop.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Place steak and cook on each side 4-5 minutes until cooked to desired temperature.
- Place on serving platter.
- Place avocado, salsa, sour cream, cheese, radish, red cabbage and Poblano Pepper in individual serving bowls.
- Allow everyone to plate up their tacos with whatever combination they like.