Do you ever just want chocolate?
Making brownies from scratch is so much easier than people think!
For more brownie recipes click (here)
Double Chocolate Orange Brownies
Double Chocolate Orange Brownies are dense and loaded with tons of dark chocolate.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dutch cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup bittersweet 60% cocoa chips
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest use organic orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Spray an 8" square pan with baking spray and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl for 2 minutes in microwave. Take out after 1 minute and stir.
- Remove and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar .
- Place chocolate mix in mixer bowl and whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips and orange zest.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- These freeze very well.
These freeze very well.