KING’S HAWAIIAN ® contacted me and asked if I would participate in their King’s Holiday Recipe Sweepstakes by creating a recipe using their dinner rolls.
I was thrilled to participate because when I was a little girl, my Mom served King’s Rolls at Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. Back then I was an extremely picky eater and the only foods you would find on my plate on those holidays was King’s Rolls and Turkey. So, I have a fondness for these sweet little goodies.
I wanted to come up with a recipe that would be easy, offered some healthy benefits and could be served as an appetizer at a dinner party or the day after Thanksgiving to your family.
Using only Turkey Breast (white meat) which is leaner than dark meat and Avocado which offers up healthy fats with some chopped fresh spinach and chia seeds, gives us a boost of fiber, omega-3’s and vitamins and minerals to help our bodies to recover after the Thanksgiving gluttony.
My recipe will be entered into the King’s Hawaiian Sweepstakes at khholidayrollcall.com on November 4th. I would really appreciate it if you would click on the link and vote for my Hawaiian Turkey Avocado Mini Sandwich.
Hawaiian Avocado-Turkey Mini Sandwich
- 1 -12 pack of Kings Hawaiian Dinner Rolls
- Roasted Shredded Turkey I used only white meat
- Radish thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 Avocado skinned, pitted and mashed
- 4 tablespoons chopped raw fresh spinach about a handful
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Pinch of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place all ingredients in bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut your rolls in half so that they open into sandwiches.
- Layer turkey than a dollop of Avocado and a dollop of Feta Aioli.
- Place top on top of sandwich
- Place radish round on top of bun and spear with cocktail toothpick