I wanted to share some tips on How to Have Your Healthiest New Year ever. Starting off your year on a positive note can make all the difference to how you feel about yourself, your relationships and your life.
All the tips on this list I practice and I believe they make me a happy and healthy person. I hope you will give some if not all of them a try. Being healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet, so make the commitment and get started. Here is to having the best 2015 possible!
How to Have Your Healthiest New Year:
- Drink water lots and lots of water. Try to drink as many ounces of water as your body weight. I also try and drink an 8 ounce glass of water before my coffee or I eat my breakfast.
- Eat out of the refrigerator not your pantry. Shop perimeter of your grocery store (stay out of isles)
- Remove granulated sugar and sugar substitutes from your diet. When I did this I felt better and had more lasting energy.
- Make a bucket list. Put things on that are attainable but will stretch you out of your comfort zone.
- Go to bed! Try to get 8 hours of sleep. I know it is hard, but try.
- Learn something new (take an evening class, on-line course, learn a new hobby)
- Move more, every step counts. Take the stairs, walk your cart back into the store instead of leaving it in corral, park your car far away from the entrance of the store.
- Give back, volunteer your time. This will engage you with people you wouldn’t meet otherwise expanding your thought patterns and make you feel good about yourself.
- Explore your city. Once a month do something that allows you to see your city. Do this with a friend to make it more enjoyable and guarantee you will follow through
- Tell someone you love them everyday giving love away means you will get it back
- Get rid of the negativity. Stop saying I can’t, if you say I can’t, you won’t. Give yourself an opportunity to amaze yourself.