This Poached Salmon Soup is oh so delicious, healthy, gluten free and easy and quick to serve.
to the hip hip hop, a you dont stop
the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie
to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat “
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1 leek, sliced and diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, sliced and diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced and diced
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- ½ cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 3 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
- 1 generous teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 pound of salmon, cubed into 1½" chunks
- 4 generous tablespoons finely grated Parmesan (optional)
- In large dutch oven or heavy deep pot, melt butter over medium high heat
- Add carrots, celery, fennel, leeks, thyme, salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Stir and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until vegetables start to wilt a bit.
- Add vegetable stock and water.
- Bring to a low boil, as soon as you see the bubbles, lower heat to low.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook for about 10-12 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Add salmon and spinach to pot and stir to submerge
- Remove pot from heat and cover for about 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted and your salmon chunks are cooked through.
- Place soup in bowl and sprinkle Parmesan cheese
Once soup in placed in serving bowls, top with oyster crackers.