Super bowl snacking is almost as coveted as our Thanksgiving dinner. Really you go to the super bowl party for the food, friends and commercials as much or more than you do the game.
There will be 1.23 billion chicken wings consumed on Super bowl Sunday. That actually adds up to more than 100 million pounds of chicken wings. Why not get your snack on while being healthy. This Turkey Chili casserole can be used as a dip with chips, or as a dinner served with a salad. It is full of great sources of fiber and a lean healthy protein. If you want to be ubber healthy skip the cheese.
Dips are a favorite among Super Bowl snackers with 32% saying they plan on eating some form of the snack. Whether it’s Turkey Chili or cheese dip for chips, it’s not a true Super Bowl without the dip. So be a huge hit and throw together this simple and delicious dip and watch them ask you for the recipe.
You can assemble ahead of time, cover with foil and refrigerate or freeze. Bring to room temperature before baking according to directions.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 large yellow sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 6 ounce roasted red pepper in water, drained and diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean white ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-15 ounces of black bean, drained
- 2-14.5 ounces can of petite diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 cups of frozen organic corn
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup ground cornmeal
- 1 cup shredded mix cheese (I prefer Sargento 4 cheese Mexican blend)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease 13 x 9 baking dish with coconut oil or spray with organic non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet add coconut oil over medium heat, when melted add onion and red pepper. Saute for about 4-5 minutes until onion starts to soften.
- Add garlic, ground turkey and salt. Saute for 5-6 minutes, breaking up turkey into small pieces and no longer pink inside.
- Add beans, tomatoes, corn, chili powder, cumin, and corn meal, stir to combine.
- Add all ingredients into baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake uncovered in middle of the oven for 40 minutes.
Refrigerate for up to 24 hours before baking