Perfectly golden on the outside but fork-tender on the inside, these air fryer mini potatoes are a garlicky 30-minute side. Cooked with coconut oil and ultra aromatic, a crack of spicy black pepper is all they need right before serving.
Easy Air Fryer Mini Potatoes
Loaded with natural sweetness, these air fryer mini potatoes are packed with Italian flair from a store-bought herb mixture loaded with thyme, rosemary, parsley, oregano, etc. Creamy and velvety on the inside, you can thank coconut oil and the air fryer for their perfectly crispy, golden skin.
Tossed in a simple seasoning mixture with lots of garlic powder, all you need to do let them cook away until nice and tender. You can always add a pinch of paprika or red pepper flakes for extra flavor. Don’t forget some freshly grated parmesan to make this easy side super cheesy! A zesty, herby pesto drizzle also screams “Italy” in case you want to take your taste buds on a ride.
Served with your favorite dinners, these ultra aromatic mini potatoes are a 30-minute side just waiting to be dipped into aioli. Practically effortless and super healthy, you’ll be switching other potato recipes for this one in no time.
Why You’ll Love These Crispy Mini Potatoes
Everyone enjoys a simple, quick side dish because it completes your meal and makes you look like an absolute kitchen rockstar when it really wasn’t that hard to make.
- Easy. Toss them and then pop them into the air fryer. You don’t need to be particularly skilled in the kitchen to make these potatoes.
- Great for cookouts. These are a good substitute for other potato sides at any dinner table.
- Healthy. Cooked with coconut oil, you don’t need to worry about unhealthy fats being the reason for these potatoes’ crispiness.
- Few ingredients. You only need 5 shelf-stable ingredients, 3 of which are spices and herbs.
What You’ll Need
Everything on this list is a pantry staple. You probably already have everything you need to get started. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for exact amounts.
- Mini potatoes – These are also called “baby potatoes.” Please don’t use regular ones.
- Coconut oil – Feel free to use olive oil, vegetable, corn, or canola oil.
- Garlic powder – You can use onion powder instead.
- Dried Italian herbs – Italian seasoning is a good swap.
- Salt and pepper – Himalayan salt works too.
How to Make Air Fryer Mini Potatoes
Toss, air fry, and serve. Check the recipe card at the bottom of the post for more detailed instructions.
- Toss the potatoes. Preheat the air fryer to 400F. Toss all of the ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Air fry them. Place them in the air fryer. Cook them for 10 minutes, shake the basket, and let them cook for another 8-10 minutes. The potatoes should be crispy on the outside but tender on the inside. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Tips & Variations
You’ll be amazed at what giving them some room in the air fryer does to these crispy mini potatoes.
- Use butter. Melt some butter and use it instead of coconut oil for a richer, buttery flavor.
- Swap the spices. 1/4 teaspoon of paprika, ground cumin, or red pepper flakes go great with these potatoes.
- Add a dipping sauce. Mayo, mustard, ketchup, and even aioli are wonderful dipping sauces for this recipe.
- Choose similar sizes. Making sure the potatoes are more or less the same size will ensure even cooking.
- Add a drizzle. Top them with a drizzle of pesto or balsamic reduction to up the Italian flavors.
- Make them cheese. Sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese over the potatoes during the last minute of cooking time to make them cheesy.
- Don’t crowd the basket. You might have to cook in batches because crowding the basket means the potatoes don’t have enough room to crisp up.
What To Serve With Crispy Mini Potatoes
These air fryer mini potatoes are great with classic steak and chicken dinners. For steak, try them with my Stuffed Baked Steak or Pan Seared Steak. If you like bison, this is another great option: Grilled Bison Ribeye Steak. For chicken, go for my Oven Fried Chicken or Skillet Chicken with Artichoke. Other veggie side ideas include my Sautéed Brussels Sprouts and Pepper Mushroom Onion Crostini.
How to Store & Reheat Leftovers
Once fully cooled, refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Keep them away from direct heat and sunlight when on the counter for reheating or serving. To reheat them, pop them into the microwave for one minute. You can also heat them in the air fryer at 400F for 3-5 minutes.
More Easy Potato Sides
- Healthy Potato Salad With Ginger Sesame Vinaigrette
- Cell Recovery Potato Leek Soup
- Loaded Mashed Potato Bites
- Paleo Baked Potato Salad
Air Fryer Crispy Mini Potatoes
- 4 cups Mini Potatoes halved
- 1 tbsp 100% Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Add the potatoes, oil, garlic powder, Italian herbs, salt, and pepper to a large bowl. Toss to coat and combine.
- Transfer to the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes. Shake the basket and cook for eight to ten minutes longer, until the potatoes are crispy and cooked through. Divide the potatoes onto plates and enjoy!