It seems everyone has made a loaf of Banana Bread or has wanted to, but didn’t have a recipe. I have made loaves over the years from several recipes but none of them were memorable. Well, I had three nicely ripe bananas and I wanted to come up with a recipe for Banana Bread that the family would love, and that I could freeze. I had eaten a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookie that week and in my mind banana and white chocolate and coconut (not sure how that slipped in there) and macadamia nuts sounded perfect.
Not only was it perfect it was moist and delicious and freezes up like a dream. I made two full loaves of bread, but the second time around I made 6 mini loaves and they are the perfect size to give as a gift. Great to pull out when a friend stops over to visit or for breakfast or brunch. However if you have a full house the large loaves won’t last.
Using the almond flour cuts down on the gluten and adds a bit of protein. Enjoy, xo Amy
P.S: If you like sweet bread try my Strawberry Almond Breakfast Bread.**delicious**
Banana Coconut Macadmia Bread
- 1 3/4 cup all-puprose flour sifted
- 3/4 cup Coconut flour sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 stick of unsalted butter room temperature (12 tablespoons)
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoon sour cream
- 3 over ripe peeled bananas mashed
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chips optional
- Grease two muffin tins and preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl add sifted flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add butter and sugar in electric mixing bowl and cream together.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and orange zest
- Add flour mixture and mix till just blended
- Add juice and sour cream, mix till blended
- Add banana, coconut, nuts and white chocolate stir till just blended.
- Spread evenly between two pans and smooth batter.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack can cut and serve after 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely before wrapping in foil and store in refrigerator or freeze for 1 month.