This Brussels Sprout Cranberry Salad is loaded with healthy goodness. Raw brussels sprouts tossed with bacon, toasted walnuts, and cranberries, then topped with a killer homemade greek yogurt vinaigrette. Easy enough for a weeknight but festive enough for your holiday gathering.
The Best Brussels Sprout Salad Ever
Whenever I think about healthy brussels sprouts, my mind somehow always goes immediately to bacon next. It could be something about how the two ingredients balance each other out or that bacon makes everything better… Either way, brussels sprouts, and bacon is a no-brainer winning combination.
I’m a lazy salad maker, so when I can make something healthy that’s also quick and delicious, I’m a big fan. This raw brussels sprout salad uses simple ingredients like toasted walnuts, bacon, and tart cranberries to bring great flavor and texture. But what really amps up the flavor is the vinaigrette.
This greek yogurt vinaigrette is pretty extraordinary. You’ll use about 1/3 of it to dress the sprouts and have plenty leftover for individual servings or other dishes. The dressing would be a great accompaniment to any salad you want to make.
Why I Love This Brussels Sprout Cranberry Salad
Here are just a few of the reasons why I love this recipe.
- It’s Super Easy to Put Together. This brussels sprout salad takes 10-15 minutes to put together, depending on how quick you are with a knife. All you need to do is thinly slice the sprouts, quickly toast the walnuts, and throw everything together with the vinaigrette.
- You Can Prep Way in Advance. Brussels sprouts are a very hardy vegetable that will hold up well in the fridge even after you slice them. This recipe is perfect for making ahead as one of your Christmas side dishes or for any family get-together.
- It’s Really Flavorful. Even though this salad has a small handful of ingredients, it’s really flavorful. You get tartness from the cranberries, salty savoriness from the bacon, and toasted texture from the nuts. The creamy vinaigrette ties it all together.
What You’ll Need
When a brussels sprout salad only needs a few ingredients to shine, you know you have a winner. Scroll down to the recipe card for actual amounts of each.
For the Salad
- Brussels Sprouts – Grab about 2 pounds of fresh Brussels sprouts.
- Walnuts – If you have a little extra time, go ahead and toast these for extra depth of flavor.
- Bacon – Cook 6 slices of bacon and then crumble it for a tasty salad topping.
For the Vinaigrette
- Greek Yogurt – Get a plain, unflavored variety.
- Balsamic Vinegar – The flavor of balsamic is pretty diverse; get a bottle with a really good flavor for salad dressings.
- Olive Oil – I like using light and fruity olive oil for dressings.
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt & Pepper
How to Make Brussels Sprout Cranberry Salad
Ready in about 10 minutes, this brussels sprout salad may be one of the easiest side dishes you make this year. It’s quick enough for a weeknight dinner veggie but festive enough to stand up as one of your healthy Christmas side dishes. Here’s how to make it.
To Make the Salad
There are only 4 ingredients in this brussles sprout salad.
- Prep the Brussels Sprouts. Trimming brussels sprouts is easy but can take a few tries to get into a good rhythm. Hold each sprout by the stem end and carefully cut it into very thin slices using a mandoline or sharp knife. Add the pieces to a large bowl and toss with your fingers to separate the layers.
- Toast the Walnuts. Heat up a small saute pan over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add the chopped walnuts (do not add oil) and occasionally toss until they’re toasted. You’ll need to pay close attention to the nuts, so they don’t burn. Once they’re fragrant (this should take about 5 minutes), remove them from the heat and add them directly to the bowl of brussels sprouts.
- Garnish the Salad. Add the crumbled bacon and cranberries to the bowl and toss them together.
To Make the Vinaigrette
This may be the best vinaigrette I’ve ever made. 100% creamy and delcious.
- Make the Dressing. Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or plastic container with a secure lid. Shake the jar vigorously until the vinaigrette emulsifies (comes together).
- Dress the Salad. Pour about 1/3 of the vinaigrette over the brussels sprout cranberry salad and toss to combine. Reserve the rest of the dressing for individual servings.
I love enjoying this healthy brussels sprout cranberry salad with any type of protein. You could even add some chicken or sliced steak directly to this salad for a well-balanced lunch. Try pairing it with our Stuffed Baked Steak, Gluten-Free Oven Fried Chicken, or Balsamic Roasted Pork Chops. Finish your meal with a tasty glass of our Amaretto Cranberry Spice Cocktail!
How to Store Brussels Sprout Cranberry Salad Leftovers
Leftover Brussels Sprout Salad will keep well in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. The remaining greek yogurt vinaigrette will stay fresh for up to a week.
Other Brussels Sprouts Recipes
Brussels Sprouts Cranberry Salad with Greek Yogurt Vinaigerette
- 2 lbs brussels sprouts
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 6 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup cranberries
- ¼ c plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ c balsamic vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- Holding each brussels sprout by stem end, carefully cut into very thin slices using mandolin or a sharp knife. Add to a large bowl, toss to separate layers.
- In a saute pan, add the walnuts over medium heat, toss around to toast. Once fragrant, 5 mins, remove from the heat and add to brussels sprouts.
- Add the cooked bacon crumbles and cranberries to the bowl and toss.
- In a mason jar or plastic container with secure lid add all ingredients and shake to blend.
- Pour about 1/3 cup of dressing over salad toss.
- Taste and add more dressing if desired.
- Dressing will keep in refrigerator for 1 week
23 comments on “Brussels Sprout Cranberry Salad with Greek Yogurt Vinaigrette”
Yummmmmm! I am obsessed with your food photography, great post! xo
Jess, you don’t know how much that means to me! I have been really trying to improve my photography! Thank you!
This looks incredible! Pinning now!
Oh this salad actually has a lot of the ingredients that I love. Looks delicious, I have to try and make this. Thanks!
I hope you enjoy it Carmen!
Very nice and delicious looking recipe.. i like everything you have put in there..
Using greek yogurt in the dressing is such a good idea! This looks like the perfect winter salad 🙂
Thanks Chicago Jogger.
I love everything about this salad. I could eat brussels sprouts every day and love that you combined them with cranberries, walnuts and of course bacon! Looks so good!!
Beautiful salad and dressing. I’m looking forward to trying this and looking forward to falling in love with Brussels sprouts because I did try this recipe:-)
I hope you enjoy Susie!
Homemade dressings with dijon mustard are the best. Will try this soon!
Maybe I can get my husband to start doing this..like I’ll put out all of the ingredients to make dinner, and when he gets home I’ll say “Sorry honey, I’ve been so busy, I meant to make dinner..” 🙂
Brussels and Bacon JUST WORK! No matter what you do with them…but ESPECIALLY when you make Greek Yogurt Vinaigrette…totally LOVING this salad! Pinned!