This Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad is easy to make and a great way to enjoy summer produce. Vegetarian and gluten free filled with sweet, salty and spicy flavors.
WHY DO YOU WANT TO MAKE MY CANTALOUPE and CUCUMBER SALAD
Nothing tastes more like summer than melon.
Add in the crisp summer ripened cucumber and a sweet honey dressing you have the perfect combination.
WHY I CREATED THIS RECIPE
I love summer melons. Adding it into a salad is the perfect way to enjoy it, that is except from just enjoying slices on their own.
The feta and additional salt in this recipe do a great job of enhancing the sweet melon flavor. The pine nuts have a soft, nutty flavor with an undercurrent of sweetness and the arugula microgreens add a bit of spice.
The combination of these ingredients are nutritious and satisfying.
HOW TO MAKE CANTALOUPE & CUCUMBER SALAD
Making Cantaloupe and cucumber salad is very easy, and can be made ahead of time.
You can assemble your dressing a day ahead and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Bringing to room temperature before adding to the salad (you may have some leftover to enjoy later)
Toasting your pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat for a few minutes, can be done day ahead. Store covered.
Cut your Melon and Cucumber and assemble in a serving bowl.
Top salad with feta, pine nuts and dressing. Toss gently so you don’t smash all of your feta.
Top with microgreens and enjoy.
If you like this recipe, try this: WATERMELON FETA BLACKBERRY SKEWERS
Cantaloupe and Cucumber Salad
- Cutting Board
- Small Skillet
- Serving Bowl
- ¼ cup of pine nuts toasted
- ½ English cucumber halved and cut into ½” slices
- 1 medium cantaloupe about 4 pounds, seeded and cut into 8 wedges and then cubed
- 1 cup coarsely crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup of microgreens I used arugula microgreens for the spice
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced red onion or shallot
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a clean jar. Cover with lid, and shake until fully blended. Use immediately, or chill until ready to use.
- In a serving bowl gently toss together cucumber, melon.
- Top with pine nuts, feta, and dressing. (Don’t use all dressing about ½.)
- Gently toss so that you don’t smash all the feta.
- Taste and dress more or less based on what you like.
- Top with microgreens and enjoy.