Last Friday a group of us went to a Vodka tasting fundraiser called “Summer Sips” for the a local Cincinnati Park . They had fifteen different vodka companies there to showcase their product. For the price of admission you were allowed to try seven different sips. My friend Janet and I would share so we could taste more than seven, we are devious like that. We had a great time and met a few new friends. A few of the vodkas were pretty bad and the sips ended up in the trash, sadly. However, one of the last we tried was by Three Olives called Tartz. It was by far the best. We all loved it and my friend Nicole said “this would make a great Dime Store Martini” and a drink was born. We then proceeded to talk about all the candy we bought when we were little at the dime store, the awesome cocktails we have had which led into more interesting and silly stories that went on for several more hours. You can guess this all happened after our seven or more “sips”, BURP!!
Dime Store Martini Recipe
- 2 ounces Three Olives Tartz Vodka
- Club Soda
- Sweet Tarts candy crushed (large variety)
- Twizzler stick
- Place six sweet tarts candies in a ziploc bag and crush with pan.
- Place crushed sweet tarts on small plate
- Take martini glass and wet rim of glass and then place glass rim side down onto sweet tart candy and coat rim.
- In a martini shaker fill with fresh ice and vodka.
- Shake to cool and pour into glass
- Top with Club soda and a twizzler stick.