This Grilled Spicy Cilantro Shrimp and Spinach Salad is a great, light summer dish.
Loaded with flavor, quick and easy to pull together on a weeknight.
The shrimp would make for a great appetizer on its own and the salad would be a great side.
I am the youngest of four children, my closest sibling my brother, is 11 years older than me.
No, I wasn’t a mistake, but I was a tag along. Having two brothers and a sister that were so much older than me, made me one tough little girl.
I wanted to be a boy so bad, I would do everything to be faster, stronger and tough enough so I could impress my cooler older brothers.
I told my husband the story the other day about how when I was six years old I would practice running across our one acre lot to the neighbors tree line. Then as soon as my brother got home from work, I would challenge him to a race.
He never let me win.
Which you might think was mean, but it taught me to keep trying. As I went through school, I played every sport I could.
Softball, Volleyball, Basketball, Track and Tennis.
I loved them all and playing sports definitely shaped me into the person that I am today. I learned to practice to achieve my goals and to be competitive as a team player not an individual, traits that you use through every aspect of your life personal and professional to find success and happiness.
This post is a shout out to my two rotten brothers who never let me win unless I deserved it.
Spicy Cilantro Shrimp with Spinach Salad
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 medium lime juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined (about 20 shrimp)
- 10 ounces Fresh Spinach
- 2 ounces of blue cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup 1″ cut red onion slices
- 1/4 cup shelled salted pistachio
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and slivered
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice about 1 small lemon
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- In a large ziploc bag add all ingredients 30 minutes before cooking.
- Submerge four skewers in water.
- Heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Place 4-5 shrimp on each skewers.
- Place skewers on grill and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 4 minutes, or until shrimp is pink.
- Whisk all ingredients in a bowl until emulsified (blended).
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and toss.
- Top with vinaigrette and gently toss.
- Place serving of salad on individual plates or bowls and add skewer to top.