Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are gluten free, dairy free, granulated sugar free and just as delicious as a regular chocolate chip cookie. No, really I mean it!
Cookies make everything better!
The snow has finally melted here in Cincinnati, so it decided to rain, rain and rain some more.
The Ohio River is flooding, and so is my backyard. Before the rains came I got to spend the last sunny day out in the yard, I cleaned the chicken coop, yes I know yuck, but I didn’t care it was sunny and warm and I was outside.
I also got to clean my dog, time and time and time again. The little hooligan dove, dashed, dug and slid in every inch of mud she could find. Of course I tried to usher her into the mud room until I could get a towel to try to minimize the damage to my house, but she would always thwart me and do a mud shake closest to the cabinets, walls and windows. Sigh…. good thing she is so darn cute.
How to Make my Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I love a good chocolate chip cookie, it is without my favorite dessert, and I prefer a crunchy cookie to a soft and gooey one.
When I tried out several different recipes for a paleo chocolate chip cookie recipe, several fell short. Either they had no flavor or were crumbly. Using Almond Butter as the binder in this recipe helps to give the cookie that crunchy cookie texture and a boat load of flavor.
Using Enjoy life chocolate chip cookies (which can be found in the organic section of your grocery store) keeps this recipe dairy free and since there is no flour the recipe is also gluten free. It is a quick and simple recipe to pull together no need for a mixture just two bowls and a fork. When you are in the mood for a cookie you can have a warm gooey paleo chocolate chip cookie in less than 30 minutes.
Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup creamy raw almond butter stirred well
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup enjoy life mega chunks semi sweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line baking sheets with parchment paper
- In a medium sized bowl add the almond butter and coconut sugar. Using a fork evenly combine the two.
- Add the baking soda, salt and vanilla extract to the almond butter mix until combined evenly.
- In a separate bowl whisk together egg and egg yolk and then add the whisked mix to almond butter and stir once more until completely incorporated. Fold in the chocolate until well incorporated.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon drop 1½- 2" tablespoon sized mounds of cookie dough on to the parchment lined baking sheet spacing them about 2” apart. About 8 a baking sheet
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes then remove them and let cool slightly for 5-7 minutes. Transfer them to a cooling rack to let them finish cooling completely. Repeat until all cookies are baked.
22 comments on “Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Any downside to using Peanut Butter? My daughter is allergic to tree nuts (coconut and peanut are fine since they are not Tree nuts)
Tricia, I think you should be fine using peanut butter. Just stay away from any that are very oily.
i really want to try all these recieps, but most of the ingredients are not on-hand here in Turkey =(.
İ can try to make my own coconut flour, but almond butter is not easy to make, and one kg almond is very expensive… and coconut sugar, can replace it with honey powder? or directly honey? i guess i should try to bake something different =( but all these looks sooo tasty, i could lick the screen… <3
Seda, sorry to hear that you do not have the ingredients in Turkey. I am not sure if honey powder would work, I have never baked with it. I am afraid if you use raw honey that the batter will be too wet and not hold up in baking.
These satisfy my sweet tooth perfectly with little guilt because of the wholesome ingredients!
Glad you liked the recipe Cheryl!
These look really delicious!