This Salmon and Pasta dish with White Wine that is topped with Arugula Salad has to be one my most healthy, delicious and super simple recipes I have come up with to date! Those are some fighting words, I know, but I am not kid din’. It’s a meal of superfood bonanza proportions. Not only does it make your body feel healthy, it makes your belly happy, your taste-buds will be doing a little jig and it ain’t bad on the eyes either! Oh yea and it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. One last think don’t let me allow you feeling confused here, this dish is Freakin’ good!! That’s double exclamation point good!!
Here is the healthy evidence
Heart Healthy & Cancer fighting foods in this dish: salmon, lemon, garlic, spinach, arugula, olive oil !BAM! …. that sounds pretty healthy to me!
Plus, if you happen to have a picky eater in the family, you can just pull some pasta aside before adding it to the wine sauce, to serve them a buttery noodle dish.
For those of you that have’t been formally introduced to Arugula-let me make the introductions…
Arugula is a bitter green. Known as rocket or rucola, arugula contains numerous nutrients that make it a healthy addition to any diet. Arugula contains Vitamins A, K, B and is a great source of iron.
Salmon and Pasta with White Wine Sauce topped with Arugula Salad
- 2 pounds Salmon skinned and any pin bones removed
- 1 cup of good white wine
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 box of spinach spaghetti pasta
- 3 cups of arugula
- 1 lemon divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- truffle oil
- Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Set large pan to boil with water and generous pinch of kosher salt to cook pasta.
- Salt and pepper salmon and set aside.
- Add arugula to bowl, squeeze a little less than 1/2 lemon and 2 tablespoons of good olive oil over arugula add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. Set aside.
- When water is boiling add pasta to cook.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add butter and melt, add garlic and simmer till translucent, about 1 minute. Add salmon and allow to cook 5-7 minutes. Add wine, red pepper, parsley and squeeze 1/2 lemon to pan. Cover and cook an additional 5-7 minutes, or until salmon is cooked to your liking. Carefully remove salmon to cutting board. Lower temperature of pan to low.
- When pasta is cooked al dente using tongs transfer pasta directly from boiling water to pan with wine, toss to coat evenly.
- In each bowl place a serving of pasta, twist noodles as you lay in bowl to make a nest. Cut salmon into individual fillets and place on top of pasta, drizzle a dab of truffle oil on top. Grab a bunch of arugula and lay on top of salmon. Sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan Cheese. Bon appetite!
2 comments on “Salmon and Pasta with White Wine Sauce”
I’m a big fan of arugula! Didn’t know of all its healthy benefits. I like to make a base of arugula, add a cooked grain and top it with a poached egg for a quick and easy breakfast.
This sounds delicious! I hadn’t thought to add arugula to pasta before. Glad to learn that arugula is rocket (rocket is what they call it here in Ireland). Thanks 🙂