I have something to tell you… this is the **best** cake I have ever made. I have everyone who had a piece of this decadent creation to back me up. The cake is dense, moist and chocolaty. The frosting is heavenly, the Biscoff spread that I added gives the Cream Cheese Buttercream a Caramel flavoring. I added Biscoff cookie crumbs, Heath Bar Bits and shaved 70% chocolate to send this cake over the moon!
Never heard of Biscoff spread? You are missing out, it is a peanut butter-like spread made of speculoos cookies. Speculoos are buttery, brown sugar and spice-flavored cookies that are similar to gingersnaps you might know them from the cookies they hand out on the airplanes. The spread is smooth and creamy, with a deep brown sugar, butter and spice flavor to it.
The first time I had Biscoff spread was at a little organic french bistro in Georgetown, D.C. We had ordered a bread basket and they offered this spread with an assortment of jams. We loved the spread so much we bought some from the bistros little shop on our way out.
Its great with your toast, pretzels, apples, celery anything you put peanut butter on, Biscoff spread works. . It’s great for anyone who has a nut allergy as well.
So you want to try this amazing little spread and want to share it with the family? You can head over to their “Spread the Love” Contest. Just head over to their page and click play the game to win prizes. Click (here) to enter. If you are in a hurry you can head over to Biscoff’s website and click on the state that you live and it will tell you where you can find their product. We found our Biscoff in our local grocery next to the Bakery.
- [br][b]Cake Ingredients:[/b]
- 1 3/4 all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened coca powdered
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups hot coffee
- [br][b]Frosting Ingredients:[/b]
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Biscoff spread
- 1 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
- [br][b]Crumble Ingredients:[/b]
- 10 Biscoff cookies, crushed to a fine crumble
- 1/2 cup Heath English Toffee Bits
- 1 ounce 70% Bittersweet Chocolate, shaved
- Grease two 9″ round cake pans with butter or spray with cooking spray.
- Line pans with parchment paper cut to fit the bottom of each pan.
- Spray or grease rounds.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In an electric mixer on low add eggs, and cooled melted butter, vanilla and buttermilk.
- While mixer is running add flour mix 1 cup at a time, until complete added.
- Add coffee slowly and mix until just combined.
- Fill each cake pan evenly.
- Bake for 35-39 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Place on wire rack to cool at least one hour.
- In an electric mixer on low blend cream cheese and butter until completely smooth.
- Add vanilla and Biscoff and continue until blended completely.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar until smooth.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up just a bit before spreading on cake.
- When cakes are completely cooled remove one cake from pan and place on cake stand.
- Place around 1/2 cup of frosting on top of cake and spread with an off set spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of Biscoff cookie crumbs over top of frosting.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of Heath English Toffee bits over top of frosting.
- Place second cake on top.
- Place frosting on top of cake and spread around top smoothing until it starts to run over edges.
- Using off set spatula, spread frosting to cover edges of cake until smooth.
- Sprinkle remaining cookie crumble and heath on top of cake.
- Sprinkle Bittersweet chocolate shavings around edge of cake.