Gluten Free Cranberry Raspberry Pinwheel Cookies are crisp, buttery, tart and sweet. The perfect addition to any holiday cookie tray.
I know you are thinking about Thanksgiving and what you will be serving up on Turkey day but come on you need to give some thought to holiday cookies.
Why? CAUSE they are holiday cookies.
Now is the perfect time to think about cookies.
Cookie recipes that can be made now and frozen are the perfect plan ahead way to keep holiday baking stress low. Whip up batches of your favorite cookies, freeze them and then I can pull them out next month to bake and have fresh baked cookies within minutes, with no mess.
When baking you want to try and choose the best quality ingredients, so that you end up with the best tasting cookie. I was lucky enough to try Finlandia Premium Imported Butter in these cookies. Finlandia’s taste and texture raise the bar on butter! The quality of your butter is just as important as all the rest of your ingredients.
This recipe needs a little cooling time to set up the dough. Be gentle when you push it out into a 10″ square, and be generous with flouring the surface you are working on. If you are struggling to get it into shape, pop the dough in the fridge to firm it up and then work with it.
Once you are ready to roll it up, use the plastic wrap to help you, the less you touch the dough with your hands the better.
If you are ready to bake them right away, put the dough in the freezer once you have it filled and roll. Getting the dough super cold helps with keeping its shape when cutting. Try to keep your slices in similar width so that they cook evenly.
WHY YOU WANT TO MAKE THESE GLUTEN FREE CRANBERRY RASPBERRY PINWHEEL COOKIES.
Not only can you make this recipe ahead of time and freeze for later, but they really are buttery, crispy cookies with a sweet tart swirl center. Perfect to balance out your holiday cookie tray. Great with a cold glass of milk or with a cup of coffee or tea. I know I have tried them with all three.
Don’t forget to pick up some Finlandia Butter and give it a try you won’t be disappointed in its taste or quality. Their butter is made with the purest milk from Finnish family-owned farms. No artificial only natural clean ingredients.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Finlandia. The opinions and text are all mine.
- ¾ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup raspberry preserves or cherry preserves
- 2 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup Finlandia unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan simmer, stirring frequently for 5-8 minutes, or until the mixture starts to soften and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- If the mixture is dry, stir in another tablespoon of water.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Cover and pop in the refrigerator until cooled.
- Bring to room temperature before spreading on dough. (you can microwave for 20-30 seconds to soften if needed)
- In a medium size bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a bowl of an electric mixer beat together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract until creamed together.
- Slowly add the flour mix into the butter and stir until it comes together.
- On a lightly floured surface form dough into a square and using your hands gently press down to form a 10” square.
- Place on plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Remove dough from refrigerator uncover the top of the dough and spread the cranberry raspberry mixture over cold dough leaving about a ½ inch edge.
- Using the plastic wrap that is under dough start rolling the dough up tightly and gently.
- Wrap dough back into plastic wrap and pop in the freezer to firm back up. About 15 minutes. If you are not cooking right away place in refrigerator for up to two days.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove roll from freezer and cut the roll into ¼-in. slices, place parchment on baking sheets.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes or until their edges
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet 5-10 minutes before transferring to wire rack.
My Fitness Pal Information
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Finlandia™ . The opinions and text are all mine.