These Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars will become your newest addiction, loaded with healthy ingredients like oats, pumpkin seeds, and blueberries. Gluten Free and Delicious.
Lignans for Life.
We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but what is really important is what ingredients go into your breakfast. I truly believe Oatmeal is one of the healthiest foods we can put in our mouths. Oatmeal is a great source of whole grains and eating whole grains can lower your risk for several diseases, including high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. Oatmeal also contains lignans, a plant chemical that has been found to prevent heart disease.
Healthy Benefits of Oatmeal.
However, let’s be honest, a bowl of oatmeal can get tiresome day after day. Not wanting to give up all the healthy benefits Oatmeal offered me I have been trying out a different variation of this Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars for the last several months. A bar that I enjoyed because it is delicious, filling, loaded with super foods and gives me a morning dose of Protein to kickstart my metabolism.
The ingredient list of these bars is crammed with healthy whole clean super foods. Don’t forget a superfood is a term used to describe food with a high nutritional content and associated health benefits. Oatmeal, Almonds, Blueberries, Pumpkin Seeds, Banana, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Honey and Cinnamon all make the list, so you know you when you are eating these bars you are feeding your body the best. Helping to fight disease, build muscle, burn fat and satisfying your morning cravings.
Store your Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars in the refrigerator in a sealed container for up to one week.
Oatmeal Superfood Breakfast Bars
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 bananas
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup of coconut-almond milk or plain coconut or plain almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper, lightly grease with coconut oil
- Add all ingredients in to food processor until completely combined and wet, this may take several minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan and smooth out with off set spatula until evenly spread.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Combine ingredients in medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Removing pan from oven, spread topping evenly over and lightly press down into base.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes
Store in a refrigerator in a sealed container for one week
Don’t forget to try my BLUEBERRY PROTEIN MUFFINS for another healthy breakfast option.