These Buffalo Sliders are quick and easy to pull together and are a delicious and healthy alternative to beef sliders.
A perfect Superbowl Recipe that tastes as good as it looks while still eating healthy. Buffalo also known as Bison, in comparison to beef, pork, chicken, salmon, has significantly less fat grams, calories and cholesterol. It has more iron than all of them and more B-12 than all of them except Salmon.
It tastes like beef, and if cooked properly, no one knows it is not beef. I have fooled my family several times.
Most people complain that Bison dries out during cooking and looses its flavor. I solve the problem by adding moisture into the ground Bison.
For these sliders I add grated onion, a large egg, Parmesan cheese and Sriraca sauce to keep the moisture content high while adding a ton of flavor with a slight kick. I also baked the burgers on a broiler pan, this allows the fat to run off into the bottom pan while it heats up and pushes moisture back up around the meat while its cooking.
Perfect for your Super bowl party or family gathering. You can keep these little delicious devils covered with foil and in the warming drawer or a warm oven, to serve to guests as needed. Again the juice from the run off that is in the lower pan of the broiler pan keeps the meat moist and ready to serve for up to a few hours.
I topped my sliders with sliced Swiss cheese, slice of Roma tomato and a sliver of romaine lettuce. Leave out a bowls of your favorite condiments (mustard, ketchup) and let your guests assemble how they like.
Buffalo meat fits the dietary guidelines of the American Heart Association and is often prescribed by physicians to patients who should limit their fat intake. Several of the nationally recognized weight-loss programs list buffalo as one of their recommended “diet foods”.
- 1 pound ground Bison/Buffalo
- 1 small-medium yellow sweet onion
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Small Buns (I used King’s Hawaiian Rolls)
- Slices of Swiss cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- Romaine lettuce leaf for topping
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line the lower part of broiler pan with foil for easy clean up and spray top part of pan with organic cooking spray.
- Peel and cut ends off onion, using large whole grater, grate onion into large bowl (about 1/2 cup)
- Add egg, sriracha sauce and parmesan sauce to bowl with onion and stir to combine.
- Add bison to bowl and blend until completely combined.
- Using your hands from 3″ balls for sliders 6″ for full size burgers.
- Place on broiler pan. Gently push down, but do not completely flatten.
- Cook sliders for 20 minutes, full size burgers for 30 minutes.
- Place cheese on burgers and place back in oven till cheese melts, about 5 minutes.