If you can’t get enough of the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew at Starbucks, then you’re in for a treat. This Pumpkin Coconut Cold Brew is a simple and affordable copycat that you can make at home. You’re sure to love its creamy caffeination.
Creamy Pumpkin Coconut Cold Brew
Cold brew coffee is smoother, sweeter, and less acidic than hot coffee. It’s also a real treat on a hot summer day. These are all qualities that have made cold brew coffee incredibly popular in the last several years. But does this summer delight translate into a fall drink?
We think so!
Coffee shops like Starbucks and Duncan Donuts have made pumpkin cream cold brew a fall favorite. But rather than waiting in line and spending $5 on a an overly sweet version, I wanted to develop a recipe that you could easily – and cheaply – make at home.
This creamy pumpkin cream cold brew combines fresh cold press coffee, creamy coconut, smooth pumpkin puree, and warm fall spices. The result is a cold brew coffee to swoon over!
Why We Love This Creamy Pumpkin Cold Brew
- It’s Affordable. This pumpkin cold brew is affordable and made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
- You Control the Ingredients. When you go to Starbucks and order a drink, you never really know what’s in it. The flavors and sweeteners used at these coffee shops contain an eye-watering list of ingredients. By making this cold brew at home, you control exactly what’s in it. And, you can adjust the sweetness as you like.
What You’ll Need
This pumpkin cream cold brew doesn’t require many ingredients, and it can be ready in five minutes.
- Full Fat Coconut Cream: refrigerated until very cold
- Coconut Milk
- Pumpkin Puree: canned
- Monk Fruit Powdered Sugar
- Pumpkin Spice: you can make your own with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice and ginger
- Maple Syrup
- Cold Brew Coffee
How to Make Pumpkin Coconut Cold Brew
- Prepare the Pumpkin Cream. Place the cococunut cream, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, 3/4 of a tablespoon of maple syrup, and salt into a blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. If you don’t have a blender, add the ingredients into a jar and shake well until everything is combined.
- Add the Cold Brew to a Glass. Fill a glass with ice and add 1/2 cup of the cold brew coffee.
- Mix the Pumpkin Coconut Cold Brew. Add 2 tablespoons of the pumpkin cream on top of the cold brew. Using a tall stirring spoon, mix together until the drink is fully combined.
- Serve and Enjoy!
How to Make Cold Brew Coffee at Home
Making cold brew coffee at home is really easy, and you can be sure you’re using the best quality possible for your drink. My recommendation is to make a batch of cold brew coffee over the weekend and keep it in your fridge for the week. You can take out what you need to make your daily batch of pumpkin coconut cream cold brew!
- Coarsely Grind Your Coffee Beans
- Combine Coffee Grounds with Water in a Mason Jar
- Cover and Steep for 15-18 Hours
- Strain the Coffee Through Cheesecloth or a Coffee Filter into a Clean Jar
We think this pumpkin cream cold brew is pretty fantastic as it is, but you should always feel free to change things up to make your perfect drink. Here are some suggestions.
- Use Heavy Cream. If you don’t like coconut and aren’t dairy free, feel free to use heavy cream as a substitution.
- Use Regular Powdered Sugar. If you can’t find monk fruit powdered sugar, you can substitute regular powdered sugar. Add about half as much as the recipe calls for and taste the pumpkin cream. You can always add more sugar if you’d like.
How to Store
If you make cold brew coffee at home, it will store in the fridge for about a week. Store the pumpkin cream separately in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
More Drinks You’ll Love
Pumpkin Coconut Cream Cold Brew
- 1 can coconut cream full fat; refrigerate until very cold
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp monk fruit powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin spice
- 3/4 tbsp maple syrup
- kosher salt pinch
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
Prepare the Pumpkin Cream
- Place the cream, milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, 3/4 T maple syrup, and salt into a blender or covered jar.
- Blend in the blender or cover the jar and shake until all the ingredients are combined.
Cold Brew Coffee
- Fill a cup with ice and add 1/2 cup of the cold brew.
- Add 2T of the pumpkin cream on top of the cold brew and use a tall stirring spoon to combine.
- Serve immediately.