- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (you can make your own)
- ¾ teaspoon fleur de sel
- ½ teaspoon new Mexico chile powder or Hungarian Paprika
- 3 pounds pounds New York strip steak or Flank, trimmed if using strip
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Asian seasame oil, divided
- 2 green onions, finely choppped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon sake or dry Sherry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 ½ pounds slender asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups uncooked Gluten Free Basmati Rice
- Grind sesame seeds, fleur de sel, and chile powder in mortar with pestle or in spice mill until about half of sesame seeds are finely ground. Return to same small bowl. (Can be made ahead.)
- Store in airtight container at room temperature. I make extra and have this on hand to pull out of the party when I make this dish. (If you do not have access to grinder use ground herbs and mix.)
- Cut steak crosswise into ⅛" thick slices.
- Place soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, green onions, sugar, sake and garlic in Ziploc bag along with steak.
- Let marinate at room temperature 30 minutes, tossing occasionally. (You can do this in the morning or night before and place in refrigerator.)
- Place rice and 3 cups of water in medium saucepan. Bring rice and water to boil, then lower heat to low and cover. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While rice is cooking heat griddle or 2 heavy large skillets over medium-high heat. Toss asparagus with sesame oil.
- Saute asparagus until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
- Set aside on rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle sesame salt over.
- Tent with foil to keep warm..
- Working in batches, grill steak until just browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Transfer to bowl; tent with foil to keep warm.
- Cook eggs sunny side up until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide warm rice among bowls.
- Top with beef, asparagus, fried egg or two and a drizzle of Sriracha Sauce.