Italian Potato Salad is easy to prepare and loaded with fresh ingredients. It is made ahead of time and stored at room temperature so it makes the perfect recipe to serve at gatherings and holidays. Who doesn’t love a delicious, easy, make ahead recipe?
I love to make this for a large group. The reason – it is perfect for a crowd? You don’t need to refrigerate it, you leave it to rest on the counter, so you can make it ahead of time and forget about it until its time to eat. When you are busy pulling together the other dishes you can know that the Potato Salad is ready to go! I used 12 pounds of potatoes at last weekends dinner party, I had about 8 cups of finished salad left over.
I had some left over after the party, so I threw it in a skillet with olive oil and crisped up the potatoes to serve with scrambled eggs!
Italian Potato Salad
- Fingerling Potatoes or New Red Potatoes, 2lbs
- Salt and freshley ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- ½ cup tarragon vinegar
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, generously salt the water, and boil the potatoes until tender, approximately 30 to 40 minutes from the time you place it on the heat. Check with fork for tenderness. Do not over cook or your potatoes will turn to mush.
- Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. cut into 1- inch chunks. If using Fingerling just cut into half.
- Place cut potatoes in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle parsley and green onions over potatoes.
- Make the sauce by mixing the rest of the ingredients together in another bowl; then pour sauce over the potatoes. Stir well until everything is completely coated. Cover. I always have a little dressing left over. Reserve to add to any leftovers later.
- Let stand all day, or at least for 4 hours, stirring every hour. Do not refrigerate. Serve at room temperature.