Lemon Blueberry Bread is perfectly sweet, moist and delicious. Perfect to enjoy in the morning with coffee or tea, or even as a light dessert. Bursting with blueberries, and lemon flavor in every bite. This is definitely a bread that can be enjoyed as a cake because of its sweet dense cake like texture.
I love fall apples and local orchards. Each year I make a point to visit the one closest to our house and offer my support to their farm. The people who run the farm are very generous and do a yearly pumpkin maze for the youngsters and allow the schools to bring bus loads of kids our to pick a pumpkin and enjoy themselves.
I am fortunate that our local orchard also sells blueberries and cranberries. Making sure that I stock up on both for the upcoming holidays.
In the fall I always buy a 5 lb box of blueberries to keep in the freezer and pull out to use all winter and spring. There seems to be a huge difference between these and the bags I have bought in the grocery store. They are much larger and hold up to baking extremely well.
Plus supporting my local farms is always a good thing.
This bread is great for breakfast, dessert or a delicious gift. It also freezes well for up to three months, to be pulled out when needed.
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment below or take a photo and tag me on Instagram or Twitter with #ahealthylifeforme.
Are you following me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest? Thanks for reading and subscribe to A Healthy Life For Me to have each post delivered straight to your e-mail box.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature or 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a large bowl blend four, baking powder, salt and lemon zest.
- In a small bowl place blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour, stir to coat blueberries.
- In mixing bowl blend butter or coconut oil and add sugar, then add eggs one at a time and then vanilla.
- While mixer is running, alternate between adding flour mixture and milk, ending with flour.
- Scrape down sides and gently add 1/2 of the blueberries to mixing bowl and blend by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and pour remaining blueberries over top gently smoothing into batter.
- Place in oven for one hour.
- Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl and blend until sugar dissolves.
- Once you remove bread from oven, poke holes in top of bread using skewer, or a sharp knife. This will allow sugar glaze to seep down through bread.
- Pour glaze over top.
- Let rest for 30 minutes before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over top of bread.
- Keep in Refrigerator or Freeze.
You might also like:
9 comments on “Lemon-Blueberry Bread”
Delicious and easy recipe to follow. Made this recipe three times. Each time it comes out always the same. My family and I enjoy it very much. Definitely must try it out.
That is wonderful Rosalia. Thanks for letting me know!
I was wondering if adding raspberries would negatively impact the recipe in any way? Thank you! I am about to make this bread 🙂
It shouldn’t but I haven’t tried it. If you do would you let me know how it turns out. I love raspberry and lemon together so I am sure it will be delicious. Amy
I ended up only using the blueberries. The bread turned out amazing!!! Thank you!!!
Trying this out right now. In the oven making house smell decadent!
Hope you loved it!
it looks yummy!
This bread looks truly delicious. Reminds me of my days when I was younger and I used to eat super unhealthy versions of blueberry bread and muffins. I would totally be interested in making a gluten-free and sugar-free version in my own kitchen! Thanks for sharing. Beautiful photos 🙂