Everyone wants to know how to make Italian Meatballs and this recipe is delicious, simple and sure to become a family favorite.
This recipe is definitely a Stafford Family Favorite. I love to make it during the winter, its a perfect winter comforts food, filling, satisfying and great to serve to a crowd.
We like it best on Sundays to enjoy while we watch football. It is easy to assemble and your whole house smells divine all day long.
I like to bake the meatballs versus frying them in a pan, to help cut back on the fat, without sacrificing flavor. I scoop the meatballs off the baking sheet when they are finished and add them to a big pot of marinara sauce and put it on a low simmer, just to keep everything warm. Then throughout the day friends and family can grab a plate to enjoy. This also adds a great flavor to the marinara because your meatballs release more juices into the sauce while simmering.
For a family dinner serve with a salad and a crunchy loaf of Italian bread.
The extra can be frozen for a second dinner. Great on pasta or on a Chunky piece of bread for a Hoagie, with a bit more of Parmesan cheese for a topping.
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ½ cup parsley chopped
- ¾ cup finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground veal
- Marinara sauce, I use either San Marzano Vodka Sauce or Schiavone's Marinar Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line two baking sheets with foil for easy clean up
- In one large bowl add eggs, milk, onion and garlic. Whip to comine.
- Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, parmesan cheese, red pepper, salt and pepper. Stir until bread crumbs are soaked
- Add in the beef, pork, and veal. Use your hands to mix until it is evenly combined.
- For into 2"-3" balls and layout on baking sheets so that there is about 1" space in between your meatballs.
- Place baking sheets in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- You can serve on plate topped with marinara, pasta optional
You might also like: